Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), it is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
We are looking for motivated and versatile first and second shift Production Supervisors join our team. This role will oversee and manage production shift employees and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Train and manage production employees on the assigned shift
- Oversee the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Oversee production operations on assigned shift
- Prepare work schedules to ensure efficient operations
- Maintain knowledge of processes and equipment
- Ensure that products are identified, weighed, and warehoused correctly
- Troubleshoot issues that arise
- Notify maintenance department of equipment problems
- Ensure that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ensure paperwork and data are completed and signed correctly
- Send out daily pass down report
- Approve PTO requests and timecards for area employees
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing/production environment
- Thorough understanding of, or the ability to quickly learn, production operations and machinery
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs
- Must be able to traverse the production facility.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.