Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is searching for an experienced Value Stream Manager to provide full leadership and management accountability for a key Value Stream in the manufacturing facility. Assembling, integrating, testing, and delivering the most state of the art energy storage components and systems. As the Manufacturing Value Stream Manager, you will be responsible for setting the standard and driving strategic operational excellence throughout the manufacturing area.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Own the overall production plan – safety, cost, schedule, personnel, priorities, execution, problem resolution, and attainment of business goals.
- Area layout and flow management
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Workforce planning, forecasting, hiring, training, and performance.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards to keep production work areas clean
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, Industrial, electrical, chemical, or similar engineering discipline or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated track record of progressive performance in a management role with direct and indirect teams.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, persistence, and ability to think on your feet to continuously drive a team toward company goals.
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts
- Strong analytical and reporting skills: KPI, RCCA, etc.
- High computer literacy and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that require cooperation of cross functional teams
- Ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (up to 10%)
We’d love to see:
- Metric and performance driven
- Oracle or similar ERP experience
- Experience introducing complex new products to production/NPI processes a significant plus
Physical demands and work environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.