Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
As the Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be responsible for sustaining manufacturing processes as well as leading continuous improvement and process yield efforts. This includes complete ownership of a product line or family from release to production through the shipped product.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Conduct detailed troubleshooting and analysis of issues that affect reliability, performance, cost etc. on production floor
- Capture redlines and submit change requests for design updates for fixturing, products and processes
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional improvement projects
- Characterize and improve process performance using statistical analysis, 7-Step Problem Solving or other established methods
- Provide technical support to the factory, to ensure that ESS is capable of shipping quality products on-time to its customers
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures, and processes are maintained for EHS compliance per site policies
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing or operations
- Demonstrated experience owning at least one of the following or similar: ability to do hands-on troubleshooting, assembly and engineering validation work required, or sustaining quality plans, sampling plans, value streams and work instructions
- Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals, including electrical, mechanical, software, and manufacturing engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, focus, and execute with minimal oversight toward goals of the business.
We’d love to see:
- Experience with BOM design, Oracle workflows, implementation and iterative improvement and validation of a young product design.
- Knowledge of aerospace electronic systems, production methods and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience leading initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications - GD&T experience.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.