Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future,
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), it is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Planner who will facilitate the flow of information and materials among and between departments according to an established production schedule. In this role you will perform various production planning and control activities, including releasing work orders, labor accounting, use of materials, monitoring customer orders, posting production schedules, and calculating production rates. Additionally, you will review, update, and distribute production, shipment, and work schedules.
How you’ll spend your days:
- Review standard and special production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to identify, support, and prioritize requirements for materials and staff.
- Revise production schedules to address issues such as labor or material shortages, backlogs, or design changes.
- Provide status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Distribute production schedules and work orders to departments.
- Close work orders while accounting for labor, material, and cost variances.
- Review project documents, materials, and products to assess accuracy, completion, and compliance with standards and specifications.
- Draft and maintain records related to production data and performance including volume produced, performance to schedule, and quality control analytics.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly inventories of materials and supplies; requisition additional supplies to fulfill work orders.
- Coordinate production and shipping activities; resolve issues and delays through collaboration with production, supply chain, and sales teams.
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in production planning and/or control areas
- Basic understanding of manufacturing procedures.
- The ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and/or specifications.
- Experience using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) processes and/or software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with Oracle
- Experience in a Lean environment
- Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Periods of sustained standing and/or walking around the production area.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.