Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is looking for a motivated, hard-working Production Test Technician to join our team. This person will be primarily responsible for test equipment maintenance and troubleshooting as well as electromechanical/chemical testing of sub-assemblies for large battery systems. This person may be asked to perform other duties, including assembly and production of sub-assemblies, as determined by the dynamic needs of a start-up environment.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Read, understand, and perform engineering procedures
- Set up, operate, and maintain electromechanical and chemical test equipment per pre-defined procedures to evaluate performance of assemblies and record results
- Work with mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing engineers to improve test process and quality
- Perform in-process quality control inspections per pre-defined procedures to ensure the quality of the work performed and the functionality of the components and/or modules
- Use hand or powered tools for the construction and assembly of PVC plumbing and electrical parts primarily in support of test equipment
- Work with High Voltage wiring
What you bring to the table.
- Associate degree in a technical field
- Ability to use basic hand tools and digital volt meters
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities
- Ability to perform basic math skills consistently without error
- Familiar with data collection and entry by hand or on computer.
- Ability to take and follow detailed notes
- Ability to construct and assemble electrical conduit and junction boxes. primarily in support of test equipment
- Ability to prepare and terminate cables
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes
- Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment with changing priorities
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations
We’d love to see:
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing
- MS Excel
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.