Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is seeking a dynamic Project Manager to support our Energy Warehouse product line. This role is critical to the success of the organization and requires a motivated and dedicated individual with a project focused mentality and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget.
What you’ll do at ESS
- Lead project teams, manage and deliver successful projects, meet project budgets, define project scopes, meet organizational and customer expectations.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Finance, and Procurement departmental teams).
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with external stakeholders (Customers, AHJ’s, Vendors, and Contractors)
- Communications t include email interactions, site reports, meetings, and teleconferences.
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Complete audit functions on projects during the construction and operations phases
- Follow safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly
- Liaise with client, government, sub-contractors etc.
- Budget controls, procurement, and materials management.
- Project budget responsibility
- Contract and change orders
- Project related purchase of materials and equipment
- National, Regional, and Local Permits as a prerequisite and ongoing project activity
- Landowner Relations
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing programs and projects.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong ownership mentality.
- Expert knowledge of creating business requirements, work plans, project schedules and associated project artifacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and influence positively a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Professional-level capabilities with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint).
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated success in full lifecycle project management roles in any/all the following fields:
- Power plant design, development, construction, or commissioning.
- Large scale system (hardware, firmware, or software) integration.
- Distributed energy resource integration or controls.
- Battery energy storage system installation.
- Understanding of battery energy storage system applications and operational strategies.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time to international and domestic locations, as needed, per project.
- Able to wear a variety of protective equipment as required by safety procedures and regulations.
- Able to work in severe weather conditions.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance.
What ESS Offers
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.