Welcome to Bigleaf - we deliver truly reliable connectivity for businesses over any ISP. Check out more info on our website: http://www.bigleaf.net. Founded in 2012, our team has grown from 45 to 75 team members in the last 18 months and today we serve 1700 business customers who depend on the Bigleaf solution as the foundation of their network. We’re a SaaS business, but uniquely with a hardware device component, which presents some unique needs for our finance and accounting team and systems.
We’re hiring a Chief Financial Officer to help the company scale to the next level. The CFO will be responsible for all aspects of financial operations including planning, analysis, accounting, treasury, and corporate administration. The CFO will be a member of the executive team, reporting to the CEO, and will have the opportunity and responsibility to drive business results.
Key success criteria in this role will be:
- Successfully partner with all Bigleaf leadership team members to accomplish company goals with a strategic and service-oriented approach.
- Simultaneously improve efficiency, customer/user experience, and time to results of accounting processes and systems through automation and refinement.
- Facilitate company growth through financial planning and analysis, team leadership, and strategic use of debt and/or equity funding.
- Lead and develop the Bigleaf Finance and Accounting team.
- Act as a business partner to the other leadership team members, using financial and industry data to influence strategy, collaborating on revenue models and comp plans, and performing data and trend analysis.
- Oversee and deliver accurate financial information in an efficient and timely manner to ensure sound business decisions and compliant reporting.
- Drive and communicate financial strategy and results to internal and external stakeholders including employees, board, and investors.
- Maintain a detailed multi-year financial forecast, leading yearly planning exercises.
- Provide timely measurement against the forecast, revisions, and views into alternatives paths through challenges and opportunities
- Manage and control the organization’s financial systems, making the necessary changes to enhance and improve processes, policies, and procedures with an eye towards simplification and automation.
- Ensure proper financial controls are in place and functioning that are in accordance with all relevant legal, accounting, regulatory, and ethics codes.
- Bring to light and manage significant financial and other governance risks and related opportunities.
- Ensure that the Finance team reviews monthly performance to provide insight and engage with the business in driving necessary changes.
- Establish financial strategic vision, objectives, policies, and procedures in support of the overall strategic plan.
- Continually identify and implement efficiency improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Drive finance needs in business systems including our ERP system (Netsuite), including implementing new automation to make for efficient growth
Ideal Approach, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Thrive in a resourceful hands-on environment with a high-volume of monthly transactions
- Growth-oriented mindset with fact-driven thinking
- Strong desire to serve customers (internal and external)
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including experience as the senior-most finance leader in a high-growth venture-backed company
- Thorough experience and knowledge in B2B SaaS accounting practices and standards and US GAAP
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Excellent communication and cross-departmental teamwork/collaboration skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience leading, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a high performing finance and accounting team, with experience leading a remote team preferred
- Experience working with Netsuite preferred
- Information technology and/or telecommunications sector experience preferred
We’re based out of Beaverton, OR, however we’re currently working in “remote-first” model, so location is flexible but occasional travel to the Beaverton area will be expected.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 50% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 75% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 12 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.