The heartbeat of our business is our dual-sided Marketplace where we bring together individual, accredited investors with carefully selected CRE investment offerings. Recently - CrowdStreet announced that we have passed the $2B mark in equity raised across over 500 deals and we’ve only just begun.
Once these deals are approved by our Investment Committee, they move to the Marketplace Services Team where they go through production, launch and raise. Through this process, the team requires access to real time data insights - telling us everything from the demand we can expect, to the progress of any given raise, and our performance across a range of metrics. Data insight to support better and more timely decision making is absolutely essential to our success and to that end - we are hiring a Data Analyst to report to the VP of Marketplace Services/Customer Experience.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
As a Data Analyst at CrowdStreet working on the Marketplace Services team, you’ll be working with business leaders to translate data into insight.
You’ll be involved in a wide range of activities from working with our Marketplace Operations team to structure our data and reporting to provide real time information and regular insights on everything from our production efficiency to our Marketplace performance. You’ll work with our Customer Operations team to leverage a range of data sources to track the efficiency of our service and the efficacy of our tools. You’ll also be partnering with our Customer Experience team to analyze customer behavior and help inform and support the insight process and you’ll be working with our Quality team to put in place the dashboards and reporting that help us monitor our ongoing commitment to quality.
You will dive into all types of data, finding the valuable pieces, and working with data engineers to stitch it together to find actionable items that will improve our Investor experience. You’ll be creating, exploring and maintaining rich, interactive dashboards in Tableau and Looker for members of the leadership team and will be working side-by-side with those leaders to define data queries and translate our business questions into data analysis and reporting.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 6+ Years in data analysis, reporting, and building interactive dashboards using BI tools.
- Experience with various data types, from relational database data, to event buses and clickstreams.
- Experienced with leveraging reporting and analytics tools to render dynamic reports, illustrating aggregations, statistics, behavior, trends and predictions.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, or other quantitative disciplines.
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Translate business questions into data analytics to support insight and decision-making.
- Ability to apply Data Science & Machine Learning technique and modeling.
- The ability to articulate what the data says - and what it doesn’t.
- Expert at building rich, dynamic reports and analyses using modern reporting tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, you’ll be working with every segment of the business, standardizing data definitions, collecting requirements, and iterating through improvements with feedback from your consumers.
- Familiar with ETL tools (dbt, Stitch) and working with data engineers to build transformations for analytics consumption.
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with relational Databases and SQL, ideally PostgreSQL and Snowflake.
- Ability to identify value within data sources, estimate effort involved, and coordinate priority of work across engineering teams.
- Experience with Event buses & Activity Streams from various services, such as Hubspot, SalesForce and Google Analytics.
- Financial Services experience desired, but not required.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions.
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others.
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is a FinTech company dedicated to transforming the world of investing in commercial real estate (CRE) through their online marketplace. CrowdStreet gives individual investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate developers and operators (sponsors) raise capital online.
Since 2014, CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment, generating over $2.4B of equity invested across 560 projects spanning 200+ sponsors and 13,000 active investors. The total project value that has appeared on CrowdStreet has exceeded $20B covering all asset types (office, industrial, multi-family, storage, etc), risk profile (development, opportunistic, value-add, core-plus, core), and regions of the US (40 states). Today CrowdStreet’s average investment per project is over $10 million with many raises exceeding $20 million, making it an attractive alternative funding source to institutional capital.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.