As a QA Engineer, you will join a team dedicated to delivering best-in-class teaching, learning, and professional development experiences. Your primary responsibilities will be focused on regression testing and testing of new features for Lumen’s courseware offerings, including Waymaker, Online Homework Manager (OHM), and Lumen Circles.
Lumen’s company mission is to enable unprecedented learning for all students. Each year we support 400,000 students and 5,000 faculty members in college courses. Lumen provides solutions that create effective learning experiences for students and guide faculty members in the use of evidence-based teaching practices that improve student success. Lumen seeks to create success for all students, with an emphasis on ensuring that race and income are not predictors of success.
Lumen is a small company that is growing rapidly. We are doing something that has not been done before. Each position requires an individual who can assess the needs of customers, the education community, and other Lumen team members and develop new approaches and solutions. This requires creativity, commitment, generosity, openness, and a drive to create belonging for our team and community.
The primary metrics for the position include:
- Formulate end-to-end test strategies, risk assessments, and reports for several of our applications (frontend & backend)
- Design, develop, maintain and carry out automated/manual tests (frontend and backend)
- Design, develop, and maintain test accounts, test environments, test suites, and test reports/documentation in Confluence and G Suite
- Log and track issues in JIRA
- Collaborate with product/TPM/UX, engineering, support and other QA to better understand deadlines and scope/impact
- Reports to QA Manager. Participates in the product leadership team.
- Collaborates closely with product, engineering, and support teams.
Work collaboratively to support strategies and processes which lead to effective customer outcomes
- With guidance from the QA Manager, work across the development team to integrate a quality approach throughout the development process
- Gain a strong understanding of Lumen’s customers and use cases to ensure that QA processes support an amazing user experience. Question assumptions and find opportunities to improve product performance and learning results
Provide personal leadership
- Contribute to Lumen’s success in achieving our mission
- Inspire and support Lumen’s partners to do their best work
- Personify values of creativity, generosity, openness, commitment and belonging
- Make Lumen a more successful, effective and inclusive organization
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years of software testing experience in an agile environment
- Logging and tracking bugs
- UI and API testing experience
- Web and/or mobile testing experience
- Familiarity with at least some of the following tools/frameworks/etc:
- Charles proxy, Postman, Web dev tools, Xcode, Android Studio, Locust, Zap or similar tools
- TestRails, G Suite, JIRA/Confluence, Github or similar tools
- Selenium, Protractor, or similar UI testing libraries/applications
- Managing releases, test suites, test cases, test environments, test accounts
Nice to haves
- Support, product management or other tech-related experience
- Certified scrum master, agile coach, TPM or other similar certifications