Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
We are hiring a VP of Marketing to play a leading role in helping ESS achieve and our goals. As the VP of Marketing, you will be at the forefront of designing and delivering strategy that supports our growth. You will develop sound marketing strategies, on a world-wide scale, designed to increase market share and bookings, develop, and implement integrated communications campaigns and brand building programs that drive growth while strengthening the value of both the Company brand and individual product brand. You will evaluate and analyze the results of each campaign and program along with any recommendations for future enhancements.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Develop sound marketing strategies designed to increase market share and bookings both domestically and internationally
- Analyze growth strategies, bookings plans and program pursuits, market dynamics and competitive landscape both globally and by region/product family
- Develop integrated campaigns including web, print, promotions, trade shows, advertising, PR, and non-traditional communications techniques
- Determine areas for new growth or segmentation based on analysis of BD inputs and strategic interaction at the staff level
- Manage budget including negotiation with vendors, placement of orders, approval of invoices, staying on or under budget, recommending growth opportunities, and planning for future needs
- Implement integrated communications campaigns and programs that drive growth, brand awareness and brand value
- Interface with internal teams and internal/external communications resources to provide integrated marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with leadership to maintain awareness of product roadmaps and to develop key themes and messages for incorporation into promotional plans.
- Manage events around the world for PR and communications needs.
- Analyze media demographics, manage media placements and promotions, negotiate rates, and monitor effectiveness via survey tools.
- Evaluate and analyze the results of each campaign and program and make recommendations for future enhancements. This will be accomplished by
- Create a repeatable, comparable tracking system that measures the success of each recommended campaign and program, and analyze the findings and make
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on marketing or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the energy or energy technology sectors highly preferred
- 8+ years of experience in marketing or advertising
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan proactively, communicate effectively, and develop and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to diagnose situations, make the tough decisions, and implement swift action plans quickly and thoroughly
- Ability to resolve conflict and negotiate effectively and tactfully
- Experience managing members of a staff and must be comfortable collaborating with senior-level management and executives
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent organizational, advanced planning, and commitment to the accuracy of company communications and standards
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.