Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring a Sales Engineer to support our growth. The Sales Engineer works independently in partnership with sales, product marketing, product management, and engineering as a critical link between internal technical resources, the end customer, and key stakeholders. They lead pre-sales functions that enable efficient and data-driven project assessment and drive revenue by clearly communicating the range of solutions and corresponding benefits across the spectrum of performance, cost, risk, and compliance to provide value to the customer while maximizing business results. The Solutions Engineer must excel in diverse roles including system modeling and design as well as customer and channel partners’ interactions. Travel required up to 25% of the time (domestically and internationally).
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Co-develop strategy and associated tactics for closing ESS business within a team environment for a defined geographic region
- Focus diligently on enabling the sales team to exceed customer expectations and successfully positions ESS as the vendor of choice
- Identify opportunities and applications for ESS products and services
- Identify recommended solutions to problems that are not fully constrained
- Prepare written documentation required for client presentations, RFPs and other documents as required.
- Deliver expert product demonstrations utilizing product knowledge blended with customer needs and insights gained through industry experience
- Work with customers on pre-sales basis to develop product/system specifications and functional requirements
- Interface with customers by phone, e-mail, and in person to answer application/system questions and help customers solve technical problems.
- Develop regional market subject matter expertise with utility grid services programs such as demand response, virtual power plants, ancillary services, and similar emerging opportunities to monetize distributed energy resources assets
- Highly flexible in day-to-day activities easily moving from direct customer interface to sales support, to engineering engagement and interaction with key stakeholders
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical degree
- 3+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of experience in a customer-facing role such as sales engineering, application engineering, field engineering or other technical support role
- 2+ years of demonstrated technical experience in energy systems design/related experience
- Strong preference for energy storage dispatch modeling experience or other similar time dependent energy system modeling
- Possesses deep technology and application knowledge of energy storage, solar, and other distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Customer focused
- Excellent presenter, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access)
- Analytical and technical with strong business acumen
- Understand how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical and operational requirements
- Project manager who can multitask, prioritize, set, and meet deadlines, work independently, and perform tasks with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
Notice to recruiters and staffing agencies.
ESS has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. ESS will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to ESS, in any capacity will be considered property of ESS North America. This policy is applicable to all ESS locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. ESS will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.