Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring an experienced Electrical Engineer to support the development of advanced energy storage products.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Own the design, modeling, specification, and testing of low to medium voltage industrial electrical power systems and equipment
- Support the development of energy storage products by providing expert knowledge of AC power, 3-phase power, power conversion, DC circuits, motors, power technology, and industrial control systems
- Apply standard engineering knowledge, techniques, and formulae to create and interpret designs, calculations, drawings, sketches, documents of complex iron redux flow battery systems
- Perform technical review of designs and documents
- Develop and perform system tests and determine adjustments to newly installed or modified equipment and controls
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in new product introduction and/or technology commercialization
- 3+ years of experience leading or contributing to technical projects
- Knowledgeable in embedded system design including schematic development, component selection, circuit design and testing
- Understanding of grid-tied and microgrid power engineering theory and practice
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards related to power system design
- Proficient in electrical design CAD packages
- Experience with inverters, transformers, electrical panels, and other power distribution equipment
- Experience with taking medium scale projects through the NRTL field certification process
- Experience with battery or fuel cell systems
- Strong mathematical background and proficient in statistical analysis
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Understanding of project schedule and budget development and maintenance
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing
We’d love to see:
- Experience with industrial scale power systems
- Experience within the energy storage, generation, or distribution markets
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.