CrowdStreet is looking for a Chief Product Officer to provide the product vision and leadership for the company’s marketplace and investment and wealth solutions platforms. In this role you will lead the scaling of a world-class product team complete with Product Managers, Designers, Researchers and Data roles needed to define and deliver the growth to our existing and future investor members. The Chief Product Officer will set and prioritize the product vision and roadmap, provide strategic leadership and direction that optimize customer needs, drive competitive advantages and achieve rapid growth objectives. You will bring deep and proven experience building consumer online marketplaces in the wealthtech and/or fintech space, and demonstrated success in working collaboratively with a CTO/VP-Engineering on delivering world class solutions. The Chief Product Officer will report to the CEO, serve on the executive team, and have frequent interactions with CrowdStreet’s board.
- Provide strategic product leadership and direction to the organization to drive competitive advantage and enable significant growth
- Lead the effort to derive significant insight from our current customer base via data along with the prediction of the next wave of customers through direct outreach and collaboration with Marketing. Create the vision of the future product capabilities which deliver market capture.
- Design, build and lead a product management and user experience organization and framework that will optimize our current product portfolio and rapidly develop and launch impactful new products and services.
- Through collaboration across the organization, lead the product management life cycle from concept to launch of the product(s) and be accountable along with the CTO to on budget and on time delivery of the product enhancements and features.
- Incorporate best-in-class customer experience and design into our products
- Track, measure and leverage a wide variety of product KPIs to determine: (i) how well the company is doing delivering the best consumer experience, such as revenue and customer growth, engagement, and retention, (ii) progress against the product plan and team goals, and (iii) how well many products are tracking towards delivering on the overall vision.
- Support a collaborative and inclusive work environment and create opportunities for employees to have a career of a lifetime.
- Exemplify our core values through our products and as a day-to-day leader.
- Be a true corporate leadership multiplier, empowering those around them to use their talents to the fullest while driving and managing towards a results oriented culture.
- 10+ years experience in Product focused leadership roles and served in executive (VP level) roles for consumer internet focused startups and/or large consumer-oriented brands.
- Track record of success in defining and taking new innovative products to market in the wealthtech/fintech space
- Experience driving, organizing and prioritizing teams and deliverables in a highly collaborative manner with the Technology leadership and teams.
- Quick, outside-the-box thinking with strong problem solving skills; ability to comprehend and communicate complex issues succinctly and clearly.
- Experience with key evaluation metrics that drive prioritization and continued investment decisions within the product life cycle
- Ability to develop and articulate a vision for the future product which innovates commercial real estate investing
- Innate interpersonal skills; collaborative team-first focus, adaptable, comfortable with change.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or product design major is preferred
Working at CrowdStreet:
WE ARE a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as A TEAM
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios. CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations, our headquarters in Austin, TX and office in Portland, OR for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!