This role is responsible for corporate and brand efforts across the marketing team, with a combination of excellence in operations, creative, integrated campaign creation, and planning expertise to reach overall marketing objectives. This role is also the owner of the brand and guardian of its representation in a B2C framework, with expectations of expanding our market leadership position.
The VP of Corporate Marketing will be the go-to person for overall insights into the various marketing initiatives, deadlines, objectives, and metrics to ensure we reach and exceed our goals. In addition, this role will be a key intersection between other teams as well, working closely with Strategic Marketing, PR, and Marketing Technology team members.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact:
- Creating an overall cohesive marketing strategy in conjunction with the Strategic marketing team, marketing technology, PR to create a detailed quarterly plan to reach objectives.
- Designing, planning, and executing effective marketing campaigns to reach new investor targets, in conjunction with the growth marketing team, and setting/implementing metrics to measure and optimize campaign effectiveness
- Building brand awareness and generating innovative ideas to promote and grow brand awareness across all media channels
- Creating content strategies based on the business objectives, investment thesis, capital markets team needs, and brand-building opportunities
- Building a high performing marketing team and ensuring effective collaboration and coordination with other teams
- Managing and reviewing the marketing budget
- Partnering with the People Operations team to support the Employment brand initiatives
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 10 + years of experience in building and growing B2C marketing teams to include communications, content marketing, video assets, and digital marketing
- Deep understanding of effective social media strategies for both organic and paid campaigns
- 10+ years of experience in senior roles with strategic duties
- Experience with channel and partner marketing efforts
- Experience within a regulated or FInTech organization a bonus
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Builder mindset with proven experience growing and mentoring teams
- Thorough understanding of the target customer
- Ability to distill complex choices into a strategic plan
- Demonstrated operational excellence.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.