The position will serve as a key member of the Investments team focused on Marketplace deal flow. This is a client-facing analytical role. The Real Estate Analyst will have the opportunity to learn and grow rapidly within the Investments team. The ideal candidate will embrace the role of serving as a critical “go-to” person at CrowdStreet with Capital Markets and Investments Managers to assist with the review of offerings and drive Marketplace deal flow. The position will report to the Director of Investments.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Assist Investments Managers reviewing potential Marketplace offerings and Sponsor related documentation as well as communication with sponsors and clients
- Correspond with Sponsors and Capital Markets as part of the deal review process
- Review and analyze Sponsor-provided financial models as well as produce internal CrowdStreet models
- Analyze and build complex real estate financial models in Microsoft Excel, including cash flow projections, valuation models (including discounted cash flow models), waterfall distribution schedules and sensitivity analysis with minimal supervision
- Review real estate documents, including operating agreements, private placement memorandums, and standard third-party reports
- Develop professional content describing real estate offerings and deal terms
- Collect and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data
- Ensure offering accuracy
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Real Estate, Finance or Economics
- 2+ years of commercial real estate analytical experience. Acquisitions or asset management experience is a plus
- Full knowledge of analytics and qualitative factors crucial to CRE analysis. Must be able to review models conceptually and participate in the review of partnership documents
- Experience underwriting potential office, retail, industrial, hospitality, and multifamily investments for both income-producing assets and development opportunities
- Ability to be self-directed and actively seek out information and resources to complete assignments effectively and efficiently
- Experience working as part of a team to collaboratively achieve bold project objectives
- Strong ability to express oneself verbally and with written communication
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and process
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven environment
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Experience structuring equity waterfalls
- Experience sourcing, structuring, and closing institutional real estate transactions
- Experience with Argus, CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, or other CRE software programs
- Strong understanding of the real estate capital-raising process, including knowledge of Regulation D offerings, such as 506 (b) and 506 (c)
- MBA, MRED, or other advanced degrees
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!