This position is open to candidates in the US and Canada with work authorization.
We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
Are you an expert developer with experience in game engine architecture and design? Do you obsess about system performance, daydream about profiling and chat about multithreading? We’re looking for someone like you to join our experienced team building the next-generation of our VR/AR/desktop application.
You’ll spend your time architecting and developing some of the underlying frameworks in our application. You will be responsible for understanding existing complex systems and charting a path that continually improves their quality and stability while supporting your fellow engineers as they build on your designs.
What You'll Do
- Work with fellow developers to build our Unity-based VR/AR experience running on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
- Design and build core application systems that facilitate the needs of our product team, reduce development and iteration time, and promote efficient runtime operation.
- Study and improve complex internal systems for handing events, synchronizing network state, managing undo/redo in a multiuser environment, etc.
- And all the standard stuff: Design APIs, document architecture, write robust code, evaluate frameworks, etc.
What You'll Use
- Unity, C#, C++, Git
- Mac, Windows, Android and iOS
- VR headsets
- AR devices
- You have industry experience developing complex 3D commercial applications.
- You have deep Unity experience. You know what goes on behind the scenes, and you stay current on the latest developments with DOTS, input, the XR framework and more.
- You've developed products in multiple 3D frameworks or game engines, and you have opinions on what works and what doesn’t.
- You go beyond building features to designing the frameworks underneath. You haven’t built one UI framework, you’ve built three, and you have new ideas for a fourth.
- You are test- and data-driven and excel at understanding how things work to keep them working.
- You’re eager to do your best work using all the tools you’ve gained through your career. We’re excited to see what you do!
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We create experiences for people, not devices. We strive to create joy and allow our humanity to shine through our work. Among the things you will enjoy about working here:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time and unlimited PTO
- Paid family/parental leave
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team here at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The Wild is an equal opportunity employer: we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.