The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing professional to lead all marketing functions for The Dyrt. The VP of Marketing reports to the President, and is a strategic role with ownership of customer acquisition, brand, market positioning, and external messaging. You’ll use all of these areas to drive subscriptions to PRO, our high-growth industry-leading product, as well as develop and scale our campground reservation platform.
The Dyrt’s marketing team is passionate about fast growth and helping people get outdoors. You are someone who knows how to do more with less and how to maximize return to accelerate growth. You like to roll up your sleeves, but also have a clear vision for the future. You’ll team up with both analytical and creative minds, understanding that data drives decisions and ideas fuel our community. You’ll work closely with the other members of the executive team as we continue to lead the camping space.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for all marketing for the company with a focus on PRO subscriptions and bookings.
- Own key metrics including brand awareness, app installs, and inbound traffic.
- Manage and support The Dyrt’s marketing team, fostering ideas and continual growth.
- Be part of the executive management team and collaborate on key strategic initiatives.
- Manage the marketing budget and track ROI on projects.
- Help the Acquisition, Communications, and Campground teams develop clear strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborate with the Product team to communicate a consistent cross-platform brand message for new and existing users.
- Create and share monthly, quarterly, and annual marketing plans that clearly express goals for each team and how they can be reached.
- Communicate progress and results of key marketing initiatives with the company.
- Identify opportunities that we haven’t explored or successfully executed.
- Oversee competitor analysis; conduct market research to find product fit, interpret and capitalize on marketing trends.
- Identify and solve blockers impeding company progress.
What Will Drive Your Success
- Camping is an important part of your life
- Experience working on digital consumer products
- Experience with a fast growing start-up or new business line
- Minimum 5+ years in a strategic marketing role
- Data-driven decision making
- Knowing how to foster and support a creative environment
- Having visionary leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly identify opportunities and build plans to capitalize on them
- Excellent communication skills with cross-functional stakeholders to get things done
- Ability to synthesize complex data into quickly digestible information
- Experience with business intelligence tools and dashboards
- Comfort with managing concurrent projects and tracking KPIs with overlapping deadlines or priorities
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.