The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
The Dyrt is seeking a talented DevOps engineer with Kubernetes experience to join our team as we solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space. In this role, you’ll be working to evolve and maintain our cloud infrastructure, scaling to meet the demands of our API, web, and mobile apps..
This position will report to the Lead Backend Developer.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Maintain, operate, and improve the GCS Kubernetes cluster that runs The Dyrt, using tools like Terraform.
- Work closely with our backend developers to facilitate infrastructure needs for new product features.
- Improve monitoring and observability across the infrastructure stack.
- Manage CDN and cloud storage configurations, optimizing for cacheability and fast delivery.
- Collaborate with application teams to maintain CI/CD infrastructure.
- Maintain secure best practices across our infrastructure.
- Coordinate alerting tools and manage an on-call rotation.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues in production
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, systems administration, or software engineering roles
- Experience automating cloud native technologies, provisioning infrastructure, and running production apps in a containerized environment.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code, using Terraform, CloudFormation, or other tools
- Familiarity with the challenges of scaling to handle dynamic traffic loads.
- Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, and CDN best practices
- Familiarity with monitoring, alerting, and dashboarding tools.
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.