The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
We’re seeking a Head of Product to join our tight-knit and talented Engineering team that is building the next generation of our free and paid services. This person will be influential to grow revenue with a direct influence across our web, app, magazine, and forum services. As the Head of Product, you will be responsible for managing a new team of product managers to develop a strong vision for The Dyrt and then working cross-functionally to deliver on that vision. Your role will be to balance the requirements of our free and paid users as you develop product road maps, optimize our conversion rates, and drive continuous improvements in our retention rates.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Build product roadmaps through market research and customer engagement that align with our company direction and growth strategies
- Research and benchmarking of competitors to identify potential opportunities and disseminate findings to the larger team
- Own key KPIs including conversion and retention rates, develop improvement plans, success metrics, goals, and communicate progress to the senior management team on a regular basis
- Play an integral part in growing the product management team at The Dyrt
- Deliver the necessary product specifications, requirements, and user stories needed to successfully deliver on the product roadmap.
- Design and manage A/B tests to identify data driven improvements to our products
- Act as a liaison between the design, development, and marketing teams to ensure that brand, marketing, and technical requirements are satisfied
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years experience in Product Management
- A passion for camping and the outdoors.
- Experience at a growth phase consumer facing company, or clear demonstration of thriving in a rapidly evolving team environment
- Project management skills and experience in organizing across cross-functional teams, especially across projects with competing resources and priorities
- Excellent personal organizational, communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent leadership skills plus a capacity for continual learning and strong desire to grow a team and others around you
- Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping, and sustaining amazing software products
- Business mindset with strong technical and data analysis skills.
Not sure you meet all of the requirements, but are passionate about the outdoors and have product management experience? We’d still love to hear from you!
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The DyrtThe Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.