About the job
Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
We are looking for motivated and versatile first and second Shift Production Supervisors join our team. This role will oversee and manage production shift employees and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Trains and manages production employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Oversees production operations on assigned shift.
- Prepares work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Ensures that products are identified, weighed, and warehoused correctly.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Notifies maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures paperwork and data are completed and signed correctly.
- Sends out daily pass down report.
- Approves PTO requests and timecards for area employees.
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing/production environment
- Thorough understanding of, or the ability to quickly learn, production operations and machinery
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Must be able to traverse the production facility.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
Notice to recruiters and staffing agencies.
ESS has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. ESS will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to ESS, in any capacity will be considered property of ESS North America. This policy is applicable to all ESS locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. ESS will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.