Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is looking for an experienced AP Accountant to support our growing organization. As the AP Accountant, you will be responsible for the full AP cycle.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Daily invoice processing
- Match invoices with POs and receipts
- Code Account/cost center for non-PO invoices and route for approval
- Research issues with pricing/quantity discrepancies
- Vendor master inquiries
- Review vendor statements and research issues and past due invoices
- Contact vendors for late invoices for monthly accrual
- Monthly reconciliation of AP aging to ledger
- Weekly check runs
- Generate ACH/wire payments through bank website
- Perform expense report auditing to corporate policy compliance
- Enter credit card and recurring bank transactions into Oracle on a weekly basis
- Enter expense reports into Oracle
- Manage the annual 1099s
- You may also be asked to support miscellaneous projects, monthly close, audits and quarterly ERP updates
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- 3+ years of experience working as AP or staff accountant
- Experience with enterprise ERP system (Oracle, SAP, etc.) in a manufacturing environment
- Positive attitude and striving to improve/learn new things every day
- Proficient in using a PC – Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.