Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is looking for a motivated and hard-working Battery Test Engineer to join our team. This person is responsible for testing and validating performances of our battery stacks.
What you’ll do at ESS
- Plan and conduct stack testing, and monitor battery performance daily
- Analyze, summarize, and report battery testing data regularly
- Perform basic troubleshooting and battery performance diagnostics
- Clean and maintain test and laboratory equipment and instruments
- Engage in research and development on battery modules with R&D scientists and engineers
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related disciplines
- Knowledge of wet chemistry, electrochemistry, and batteries
- Experience working in a wet-chemistry lab
- Comfortable working with chemicals, including acid and base
- Comfortable working with electronics such as battery testing instruments
- Strong attention to details and can work from standard operating procedures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team.
We’d love to see:
- Experience with battery or fuel cell testing
Benefits of working at ESS
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.