Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is seeking a motivated Battery Test Technician to join our team. Our current program scope involves the design, construct, and test of large-scale redox flow batteries. Prepare, assemble and QC battery components, following procedures and prints.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Construct flow batteries of various sizes and capacities, working from written and verbal descriptions
- Document all design issues and manufacturing improvement suggestions
- Construct mechanical assemblies, such as battery test stations, battery prototypes and reliability test bays, and perform checkout and troubleshooting functions
- Collect and evaluate operating data, troubleshoot, conduct on-line equipment adjustment
- Present test results to the engineering team for continuous improvements
- Participate in the processing of materials and preparation of electrolytes for flow batteries from lab scale to semi-automated processes
- Edit assembly documentation and test procedures
- Focus on work area safety, cleanliness, material usage and organization
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical knowledge of piping systems
- Ability to build complex mechanical assemblies with little instruction
- Hands on technical background
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision are critical
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team responsible for product development
We’d love to see:
- Experience with chemical processes/chemistry a plus.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.