Hi, I'm Bill Miksich. Head of Services at Customer.io!
We're looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about problem-solving and enjoys talking to prospective customers. This role will be a fundamental part of our services and solutions team. You will be responsible for bridging the technical gap between qualified prospects' needs and our business.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be solely focused on supporting our sales team in closing premium deals while simultaneously ensuring Leads are confident in their buying decision to make the switch to Customer.io. You'll work directly with our Account Executives and Sales Enablement Team as a technical and product expert. You will be on the frontline, answering technical questions and delivering custom solutions for integrations and core use cases. Advocating for qualified Leads and ensuring the best path for success will be your responsibility.
To get there, you'll need a deep understanding of the customer's concerns, pain points, and desires. The team will rely on you for your strategic and empathetic guidance throughout the sales process. The responsibilities of this role are essential for acquiring new premium customers and building confidence in our solution.
Some things you'll do...
- Assist our team of Account Executives with technical pre-sales calls, emails, and thought leadership
- Build and document proofs of concepts in the Customer.io platform for complex use cases
- Articulate and present your ideas and recommendations to prospective customers evaluating Customer.io through written and video formats
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure a smooth transition (on behalf of the customer) from pre to post-sale
- Contribute to improvements of the Sales-owned demo account(s) to suit the sales teams' current strategic objectives
- Creating collateral, documentation, and other technical sales materials as needed
- 75% of your time will be spent working on deals
- 25% of your time spent will be creating collateral and documentation for the team
We're looking for someone with...
- Can communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical prospects (verbal and written format)
- Exceptional storytelling skills
- Initiative to research, plan, and execute projects from start to completion
- Strategic decision-making ability that is thoughtful and empathetic
- Understanding of sales processes and awareness of sales strategy
- Experience working for a SaaS company or with a marketing automation platform
- A firm grasp on Computer Science principles
- Understanding of noSQL data structures and RESTful applications
- Experience working with templating languages like Liquid, Handlebars, or Jinja
- Experience as a Solutions Architect or Sales Engineer
We'd prefer folks located in EST or GMT+1 who are willing to overlap with PST for 4 hours per day.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,000+ internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
As this role will be helping our sales efforts at Customer.io, we're paying you a base salary of $97,000 with an on-target quarterly bonus potential totaling $15,000 annually.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops, and passion projects - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST September 13th and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by September 17th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
45 minute video call with Bill, Head of Professional Services
Interview with two potential teammates
Take Home Assignment
45 minute video call - Take Home Assignment Review with two potential teammates
Final Interview with Bill