The position will include fielding inbound investor inquiries and requests and providing exceptional customer service as well as assisting in managing Marketplace sponsor relationships during live offering periods. This is an interdisciplinary role that bridges investor relations, marketing, sales, and customer success. The Investor Relations Coordinator will have the opportunity to learn and grow rapidly within the Investor Relations team. The ideal candidate will embrace the role of serving as the “go to” person at CrowdStreet for assisting Investor Members with new and existing investment needs. The position will support CrowdStreet’s Investor Relations Managers and reports to the Senior Manager of Investor Operations.
The top priorities of the Customer Relations Coordinator are to:
- Serve as ‘investor concierge’ for offerings on the CrowdStreet Marketplace, including:
- Provide investors with exceptional customer service and a simple, satisfying path to engaging directly with the sponsors’ offerings.
- Guiding investors through workflows as investors progress from offers through funding stages on CrowdStreet Marketplace postings.
- Review offer documents through the fundraise to streamline the investor experience
- Communicate with sponsor contacts to facilitate Q&A about their CrowdStreet Marketplace postings.
- Work with investors to address their needs, including:
- Troubleshoot and resolve investor issues
- Provide training to investors on how to use the CrowdStreet website
- Provide education to investors about commercial real estate
- Serve as an advocate for a high quality investor experience in collaboration with other internal teams including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Investments.
- Host New Investor Orientation webinars to help acclimate investors to the CrowdStreet platform and processes
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in at least one of the following:
- Investor relations
- Commercial real estate
- Private equity
- Financial services
- Capital markets
Nice to Have
- Experience managing workloads in a ticketing system
- Public speaking experience
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) investing through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, 2020 Winner of Oregon Technology Awards in the new “Accelerate” category, Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.