We have created a new role to build and lead Investment Operations for our rapidly expanding Investor and Wealth Solutions (IWS) business. IWS represents CrowdStreet’s investment management and advisory services, which includes private and registered funds, privately managed accounts (PMA) and wealth management solutions. You will have the opportunity to play a major role in the early development of a key strategic initiative at a fast growing and innovative alternative investment platform. This position will be a highly visible role at the firm and reports to the VP/Head of IWS.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Design, establish and oversee a tech-enabled operations function for the firm’s IWS business that currently consists of investment funds and PMA services for a high volume of Accredited Investors
- Take a hands-on approach and manage a team to coordinate and provide oversight of fund accounting, investor reporting and administration services to ensure timely day-to-day deliverables for private and registered investment funds and services
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop an integrated operations capability and support new fund launches and investment services
- Collaborate on technology projects to optimize use of existing platform, build new systems, create reports and drive overall efficiency and automation to support and enable scale and exceptional client service
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related fields
- 7-10 years of relevant private equity and/or real estate fund operations experience at an alternative investments fintech firm and/or investment manager catering to high net worth individuals
- Strong knowledge of private capital call funds and 1940 Act registered investment companies, tender offer and interval funds and proven experience in applying industry best practices for operations
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and establish / grow a tech-enabled operations function
The competencies you’ll need:
- A comprehensive and deep understanding of private equity and real estate fund structures and fund operation / administration requirements to provide best in class service to individual investors and wealth managers
- Strong knowledge of technology and services available to alternative investment managers to streamline investment administration and service. Stays abreast of industry standards and best practices while continuously seeking opportunities to enhance operational efficiency and mitigate operational risks
- Ability to transform investor experience into digital centric engagement
- Collaborative, team player who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- An ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- An innovative and analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills with a hands-on management style and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to own and see projects to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and advanced MS Excel skills
- A belief in the CrowdStreet Mission: To deliver the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification.
- Respect - Seek diverse input; engage in healthy discussion; commit to decisions
- Collaboration - Treat others with kindness; practice empathy and inclusion; be a positive influence on others
- Impact - Embrace the entrepreneurial journey; focus on what matters; build something meaningful
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.