We have created a new role to support Product Development & Portfolio Management for our rapidly expanding Investor and Wealth Solutions (IWS) business. IWS represents CrowdStreet’s investment management and advisory services, which includes private and registered funds, privately managed accounts (PMA) and wealth management solutions. You will have the opportunity to play a major role in the early development of a key strategic initiative at a fast growing and innovative alternative investment platform. This position will be a highly visible role at the firm and reports to the [Sr. Manager, Product Development & Portfolio Management]of IWS.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Assist in the launch of new IWS funds by collaborating with internal teams and following the fund launch playbook
- Provide analytical support by creating and maintaining complex financial models for IWS funds and the advisory services business
- Provide portfolio management support to IWS funds, including investment transaction management, portfolio analytics, reporting, presentations, and internal and external communications
- Research commercial real estate macroeconomic and microeconomic trends, and provide qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform on prospective IWS fund investment strategies
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related fields
- 2+ years of commercial real estate analytical experience with a concentration in acquisitions or investment management
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate investment principles with the ability to independently build complex fund-level financial models
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities yet still able to maintain attention to detail and accuracy
The competencies you’ll need:
- An understanding of private equity real estate single asset and fund structures
- Ability to understand and articulate complex portfolio management concepts effectively
- Collaborative, team player who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- An ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- An innovative and analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to own and see projects to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and advanced MS Excel skills
- A belief in the CrowdStreet Mission: To deliver the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification.
- Respect - Seek diverse input; engage in healthy discussion; commit to decisions
- Collaboration - Treat others with kindness; practice empathy and inclusion; be a positive influence on others
- Impact - Embrace the entrepreneurial journey; focus on what matters; build something meaningful
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.