Our service is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Network Support Specialist to join our team.
Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
- Technical Support: We believe it’s crucial to provide excellent service to our customers, eliminating the typical finger-pointing through skillful troubleshooting. In this role your primary responsibility will be to help customers (usually working with their IT consultants or other skilled people) to investigate and resolve speed concerns, application performance issues, new installations questions, and other similar situations.
- Network Operations: Our customers expect outstanding network reliability and performance. This can involve monitoring network behavior, configuring routers and switches, and troubleshooting issues like packet loss or jitter.
- Device and Service Provisioning: Our platform consists of custom operating systems and software that runs on equipment in data centers and at the customer premises. You’ll be part of a team that installs our operating systems and provisions service for customers. Much of this process is automated, but you’ll need to pay good attention to detail and be able to work with Linux. We use Puppet, Ansible, and several other tools for automation.
- A passion for serving customers with outstanding support
- At least 2 years of experience in a highly technical-support role
- Strong ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people in written and spoken English
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
- Natural ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (e.g. knowing what ARP is and how IP routing works will be important for you to succeed).
- Understanding of how specific network issues affect application performance (e.g. how does packet loss affect TCP throughput? Or what are the effects of jitter on VoIP?)
- Some experience with Linux is helpful. We use Debian and OpenWRT
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 50% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 75% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 12 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.