Pre-sort, Warehouse at The Renewal Workshop
Cascade Locks, OR, US
The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Presort, Warehouse Role
Presort is the role that keeps everything coming in to the workshop organized before it gets renewed. They use a forklift to grab new boxes and pallets and start each garment on its journey by sorting garments by type and supplying the sort team with boxes to process. Presorters are organized, hardworking and fast. They develop a mental map of everything we have in receiving inventory. This is a job for someone that wants to keep moving all day.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Full Time Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays
- Typical duties include:
- Selecting boxes for sort based according to the production plan
- Carefully entering data into our inventory system about each product
- Opening boxes and pre-sorting products into specific categories
- Adding barcodes to products
- Organizing product into the correct laundry categories
- Keeping the sort area clean and organized
Laundry (back up)
- Loading and unloading laundry into our big waterless washing machine as well as our standard washing machine and dryer
- Checking each garment for stains and cleanliness
Key Competencies & Technical Skills:
- Hand dexterity is required
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Computer literate with Windows operating system, Word, Excel and comfortable learning new applications
- Able to complete job duties within given time constraints
- Works well with change
- Willing to cross-train between several different departments
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and workflow
- Cleans and maintains work area
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
- Demonstrates good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work variable hours with short notice when needed
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
- Basic knowledge of English language with good verbal and written communication skills
- You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information and read
- Must be able to identify colors accurately
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person)
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 50lbs in weight
- Must be able to stand/sit at computer workstations for long periods of time during shift
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.