Sr. Data Scientist: Build Something Meaningful
We are growing our Data Engineering Team with the addition of a Sr. Data Scientist. In this role you’ll be working with our Data Engineer and Data Analyst to bring the next generation of analysis for CrowdStreet’s Investor journeys and offering assessment processes. You’ll identify new sources of data essential to better analyze, build and deploy score and recommender models, and work with Engineering to expose your analyses to CrowdStreet’s Marketplace investors and our internal consumers.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
As a Sr. Data Scientist at CrowdStreet, you’ll be a part of a small and expanding Data Engineering Team, leveraging a maturing data warehouse platform. You’ll be diving deep into Snowflake, centralizing business definitions and ubiquitous language, identifying gaps in needed data, and helping expose areas to be cleaned and better transformed. As business needs and available data have both been identified, you’ll start building out statistical and predictive models to enhance analysis of marketing and investor relations. You’ll continue training and adding models to aspire towards the ideal investor journey, while partnering with the data team to find new data to bring into your domain.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related quantitative field (Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Economics).
- 3+ years of relevant working experience manipulating data sets, building statistical models and recommendation engines, performing time-series forecasting, marketing trend analysis, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with modern Machine Learning frameworks and/or platforms (Tensorflow, PyTorch, SageMaker).
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Exceptional at assessing data to determine behaviors, offer recommendations, identify trends, and return predictions, using proven approaches of statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Comfortable in Cloud-native services (AWS), Data Warehouses & Data Lakes - Snowflake a plus.
- Familiar with ELT tools such as Stitch, dbt_, data cleaning tools.
- Strong communication skills, you’ll be working with every segment of the business, collecting requirements, understanding behaviors, and collaborating with product & engineering.
- Familiar and capable in the full analytics stack, analyzing and ingressing new data sources, specifying and/or building transformations, and materializing in data warehouses.
- Working with Java, REST and Python
- Previous backenddata engineering experience will be valuable on this small, but growing team.
- Financial, real estate or marketing experience is a plus.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.