Senior Product Manager - Payments: Build Something Meaningful
We are a growing community of builders, contributing to the next generation of real estate with accessibility, transparency and social responsibility. Our Product Management team is not just seeking passionate builders but fellow adventure seekers as well. Commercial real estate investing is one of the few remaining industries that’s still figuring out the role technology has to play in the business. As the Senior Product Manager - Payments, you will partner closely with our CTO, your cross-functional pod, Legal team and other key collaborators in delivering payment solutions that enable our investors to seamlessly transact, manage funds and re-invest with CrowdStreet and our real estate sponsors. You will help lead CrowdStreet in eliminating all the friction with handling money, simplifying reconciliation, streamlining investment distributions, and evolving investing accounts. Commercial real estate investing doesn’t have to be a multi-week long process anymore. Let’s build the future of alternative investments for everyone.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
As the Sr. Product Manager - Payments, you’ll join a fearless and growing Product Management Team. For the first 3 months, you’ll quickly ramp up on our payment solutions initiative, define focus and direction, establish alignment across the business, and lock down a fast win with one of our budding business lines. You will exercise modern, lean product management techniques to incubate and establish the business partnerships and technological foundations that will streamline transactions across our marketplace. Meanwhile, you’ll be winning the trust of investors and sponsors, helping them manage and keep track of their money as it flows across deals.
- Establish a clear vision for the evolution of our payments and transactions through strong collaboration with the CTO, technical partners, your cross-functional pod, and other key stakeholders.
- Articulate an inspiring product strategy and roadmap that equips your Designers, Engineers and QA team members and collaborators with context and empowers them to tactically achieve desired outcomes with efficiency and quality.
- Rapidly discover, test and validate assumptions and attractive ideas in order to confirm that requirements are viable, desirable and feasible.
- Collaborate with the CTO to determine the best “buy” and “build” solutions that will unlock the scalability necessary to achieve revenue goals.
- Contribute to the holistic company strategy and roadmap planning to grow the business and expand strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate and coordinate shared opportunities with fellow product teams to ensure a cohesive, engaging investor experience.
- Manage and evolve our third party vendor partnerships to unlock a seamless transaction experience
- Communicate plans, progress, goals and challenges to internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise technical domain knowledge, qualitative research, quantitative analysis, and strong judgment and instincts to maximize the outcomes of your team.
- Evangelize a data-driven mindset and “first team” culture within your cross-functional pod.
- Model a collaborative and constructive culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Tools You’ll Use | Our Stack: (if applicable)
- Project tracking/management - Jira & Asana
- Quantitative analysis - Looker, Heap & Snowflake
- Qualitative research - UserTesting.com
- Workshops & brainstorming - Miro
- UX collaboration - Figma
- In-app messaging - Appcues & Hubspot
- Customer support & content management - Hubspot
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed
- 7+ years of product management experience identifying customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing roadmaps, defining requirements and releasing successful software solutions
- Experience managing products for online B2C fintech, financial advisory services, private equity or alternative investments, including integration with investment fund operations and administration
- Deep experience integrating third party vendors through API solutions, specifically with experience integrating payment processing and or banking API solutions.
- Experience being accountable for the P&L of a product line and managing the trade-offs necessary to balance strategic and tactical pressures to both meet short-term financial objectives while guiding long-term strategic growth
- Experience making grounded decisions and difficult trade-offs, tactfully managing limited resources and team/stakeholder expectations to maximize your team’s outcomes
- Experience conducting research studies using varying methodologies to assess customer needs, identifying strategic differentiators and determine product development priorities
The Competencies You’ll Need
- Ability to establish focus really quickly and is comfortable working with some unknown, mitigating risks in favor of momentum
- Strong process and methods to ruthlessly translate high-level vision and strategy into clear, tactical action items (with and without the help of your cross-functional team)
- Customer-centric mindset, charisma, and empathy necessary to listen actively to a customer’s product needs, ask clarifying questions and fully understand use cases
- Comfortable with analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data to identify clear opportunities
- Strong empathy and listening skills, able to adapt to different environments and personalities
- Articulate, concise and inspiring communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influential skills
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of product requests, defects and strategic initiatives ideally using Jira or a similar tool
- Hands-on experience in SaaS software development, Agile SDLC and web technologies
- BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
The How | Values
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
CrowdStreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.