The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for partnering with various members of the team at CrowdStreet to create maximum, executive leverage and ensuring a welcoming and collaborative environment for employees and guests, including a variety of duties such as: coordinating meetings and schedules, arranging travel logistics, planning of events, preparing documents and presentations, facilitating internal and external communications, assisting with ad-hoc projects and providing continuous support and maintenance of our offices.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Day-to-day management of calendars, coordination of meetings and calls internally and externally for a select number of executives.
- Arrange travel accommodations and prepare and submit expense reports for a select number of executives in a timely manner.
- Help set agendas, prepare presentations, document meeting minutes, and manage action items.
- Serve as CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and Advisors.
- Manage changing priorities and handle conflicting requests and matters expeditiously.
- Anticipate needs and proactively bring together resources to support the executives and help meet their goals and achieve company priorities, while managing budgets.
- Navigate organizational infrastructure and evaluate the urgency and prioritization of matters to solve or resolve problems.
- Understand company policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Arrange and coordinate internal and external events, including but not limited to company offsites, team building activities (virtual and in-person), ERG initiatives, and holiday parties.
- Manage various aspects of office operations such as booking and overseeing usage of conference rooms and common areas, and vendor relationships.
- Create and manage processes for the handling of incoming mail and correspondence, monitoring and ordering office supplies, restocking of inventory for the Austin office.
- Act as primary liaison between the company and office building management for visitors registration, service requests, repairs, maintenance, building code compliance, etc.
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as directed.
The experience that will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of experience supporting senior level executives in a fast-paced environment, and previous experience working with Board of Directors and Advisors.
- Possesses strong prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, time-management, and excellent judgment and discretion skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues, and works independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion is critical.
- Meticulous about attention to detail and follow-through and able to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and difficult situations with extreme poise, discretion and confidentiality at all times and exhibit good judgment.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues, take initiative and overcome obstacles to get the job done.
- Tech savvy; fully proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Austin,TX located.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse link.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.