Director, Marketplace Operations: Build Something Meaningful
The heartbeat of our business is our dual-sided Marketplace where we bring together individual, accredited investors with carefully selected CRE investment offerings. Recently - CrowdStreet announced that we have passed the $2B mark in equity raised across over 500 deals and we’ve only just begun.
Once approved by our Investment Committee, these deals are produced and launched by Marketplace Operations. This team drives the Sponsor-facing side of our Marketplace and the Director will oversee Marketplace Planning, Production Operations and Sponsor Enablement.
This position will work closely with our Investments Team - partnering to ensure that our Marketplace Programming optimizes choice for investors and outcomes for our Sponsors and for CrowdStreet.
S/he will also work in concert with the Director of Customer Operations to align processes and capabilities across the Marketplace and with our Sponsor Marketing teams on strategy and positioning.
Finally, as the steward of a large financial portfolio, this individual will work closely with our CFO to proactively report on Marketplace performance, leading indicators, strategies to optimize financial performance and risk/mitigation where appropriate.
As an expert in CRE equity investment and asset management - this individual will be a frequent contributor to CrowdStreet Sponsor and Investor events and will work closely with the CrowdStreet Executive Team.
Finally, this role is above all things a leader of people. The successful candidate will bring exceptional strengths in leading and developing high performing and cross-functional teams - being a thought partner to peers, an example and mentor to employees and a developer of emerging talent that reinforces CrowdStreet’s values every day.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Working directly with Executive and Senior Leadership teams across the company to chart the course for Marketplace Scale - playing a key role in the cross functional alignment required to innovate on our processes, tools and capabilities.
- Oversee Marketplace Production, Marketplace Planning and Sponsor Enablement.
- Partnering with Investments to review, strategize and prioritize Marketplace Programming - providing feedback, approving schedules and partnering to solution for systemic issues and challenges.
- Work with finance to provide monthly forecasting and be the business partner with the data team to develop our demand/supply forecasting capabilities.
- Leading the teams responsible for meeting two of our most important business measures as a company including the targeted number of launches and meeting the estimated raise for each deal.
- Establish goals and measurements to track the improvement in Marketplace Operations efficiency and drive the process improvements to support meeting goals and achieving continuous improvement.
- Guide and approve Marketplace Programming and content - approve rolling Calendar and st for past performance and leading innovation and improvement.
- Coach and direct development of scalable tools and processes including the CrowdStreet Marketplace Operations Playbook spanning the end-to-end process from Kick Off through Invoicing.
- Partner closely with the Director of Customer Operations to ensure balance of demand with capacity - through a ‘whole’ business lens that considers all factors and sets the team and our Sponsors up for success.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed
- Established industry leader - you will lend your experience and insights, exemplifying our CrowdStreet Values and bringing your CRE and Marketplace expertise to internal and external forums.
- 15+ years’ of experience in CRE Asset Management including acquisitions, dispositions and financing with a Bachelor's degree in related discipline or 12 + years experience with a Masters Degree in Business or Finance.
- Experience must include working directly with Sponsors and/or Developers as well as Attorneys, Investors and ideally, Institutional Capital Partners.
- Minimum of 8 years domain experience in an online CRE Marketplace or equivalent with accountability for Operational and Financial measures.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging data to drive insight and decision making.
- Experience using data to drive insight, improved decision making and change.
- FinTech and start-up experience are highly desired.
The Competencies You’ll Need
- Be a consummate leader and developer of people - bring strong culture and values orientation and ensure every employee understands how they contribute to the success of the business, working on coaching and development as needed.
- Proven ability to build and develop organization and cross department processes and scale in a high growth environment where change is the only constant.
- Data and metric driven with the ability to make difficult decisions under pressure and the ability to anticipate operational challenges, risks and opportunities.
- Outstanding business and financial acumen.
The How | Values
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions.
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others.
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningfu.l
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
CrowdStreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.