Content Marketing Manager: Build Something Meaningful
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Content Marketing Manager to help drive the future of CrowdStreet. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing Communications, the Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating a wide variety of core marketing content and collaborating with the rest of the Marketing team to help meet our business goals. The right person will be a driven, experienced writer who is excited about joining a dynamic organization that has experienced 2x annual revenue growth for the past three years. This is a great opportunity for the right content marketer to have a significant impact on the future of both a company and the CRE industry at large.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Developing content strategies to support ongoing Marketing initiatives
- Producing email marketing content including monthly newsletters, product updates/announcements, lead generation messages, drip campaigns, and more
- Improving the investor experience by drafting and publishing digital content, both short- and long-form, that educates and informs
- Supporting our Capital Markets team by developing content designed to attract and nurture new sponsor customers
- Serving as editor of CrowdStreet content across teams, ensuring a consistent voice, tone, and style across materials and outlets
- Working with our external PR teams to edit press releases, develop pitches and stories with/for media outlets, and more
- Working in conjunction with the Growth Marketing team to develop and test content marketing efforts to drive their projects forward
- Strategically repurposing existing content/campaigns to ensure multiple uses and best leverage our resources
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of content marketing experience
- English writing skills at a college level
- Excellent grammar and detail-oriented, especially as it relates to reviewing and editing your own work
- Demonstrated ability turning complex ideas and/or concepts into compelling stories
- Ability to interact with a variety of subject matter experts to create thought leadership content
- 3+ years experience drafting/editing all content types including, but not limited to: social copy, blogs, emails, web pages, long-form content, presentations, and more
- 3+ years experience with coordinating projects across multiple departments in an organization
- Experience working with WordPress, HubSpot, Asana or similar software applications
**To be considered for this role you must provide writing samples or a portfolio of work**
The competencies you’ll need:
- Experience in fintech and/or the commercial real estate industry
- Understanding of SEO best-practices
- Technical writing experience
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Creative thinker able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Self-motivated and excited to grow as both a marketer and a writer
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.