Corporate Paralegal: Build Something Meaningful
We are looking for an energetic professional to join CrowdStreet’s legal and compliance team as a contract Corporate Paralegal. At CrowdStreet, we believe that paralegals contribute significantly to our mission to provide superior solutions that enable all investors to directly connect, invest and create wealth through real estate. You will develop strong relationships with our attorneys, building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our purpose. You’ll work with experienced attorneys to provide high-quality, cost-effective legal results. You will collaborate with attorneys on a wide-variety of projects including private equity, commercial real estate transactions, business formations, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and a passion for commercial real estate investing and transactions. You will assist our in-house attorneys and compliance group members in managing the legal review process from initial sponsor contact through CrowdStreet Marketplace posting to project launching and investment performance reporting. You will be responsible for assisting our lawyers in guiding the review of issuer offering and governance documents. You’ll gain expertise, under the direct guidance of seasoned securities attorneys, in legal matters at the juncture of online technology and commercial real estate investment.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- You will review real estate offering, syndication, and governance documents, including private placement memorandums, operating agreements, subscription agreements and reporting documents to ensure conformance with requisite regulations, CrowdStreet standards, and consistency with issuer offering documents
- You will assist our corporate counsel with the review of issuer structures and terms to ensure satisfaction of regulatory, industry, and CrowdStreet standards
- You will assist in the resolution of errors or incongruencies within issuer documentation
- You will review summaries of terms that appear on the CrowdStreet Marketplace to ensure consistency with legal documentation
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Minimum of two (2) years real estate transactional experience through relevant work experience in real estate private equity, commercial real estate, or real property investments.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or business administration.
- Paralegal degree from an accredited program.
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Familiarity with 506(c) and 506(b) offerings
- Understanding of securities offering and governance documents, and general principles of contract.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passion for learning and a self-starter.
- Capability to be flexible, execute on a timely basis, follow direction, and prioritize effectively.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.