Associate Real Estate Analyst: Build Something Meaningful
As an Associate Real Estate Analyst reporting directly to the Director of Investments, you will assist the Investments team in leading the efforts to qualify new sponsors for the CrowdStreet Marketplace. You will be a part of a best in class investments team and collaborate in the analysis and review of multifamily, office, industrial, and hospitality offerings located throughout the United States. While the emphasis of the role will be on Sponsor screening, the Associate Real Estate Analyst will also collaborate with other Investments team members with market research and the preparation of investment memorandums.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Support the investment team with the collection and review of sponsor and offering related materials
- Perform sponsor screens, including background checks (CLEAR Reports), reference checks, and verifying sponsor track records
- Present comprehensive initial sponsor narratives to the CrowdStreet Investment Committee as a precursor to all proposed deals from new relationships
- Review real estate financial models, analyzing and pulling cash flow and valuation data.
- Assist in the creation of investment memos for presentation to the CrowdStreet Investment Committee
- Communicate with internal team members, external clients, and consultants.
- Review offering details for accuracy prior to launch.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of these focus areas; real estate, finance, economics or business administration
- 1 year of work experience, preferably in one of these focus areas; Commercial Real Estate, Private Equity, Investor Relations, Capital Markets or financial services
- Proven ability to take on multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks based on current workflow, while being self-directed to actively seek out information and resources to complete assignments effectively and efficiently
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Experience working as part of a diverse team to collaboratively achieve bold project objectives with a willingness to learn and be a great teammate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, organization, and process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel modeling
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
CrowdStreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.