FUND ACCOUNTANT: BUILD SOMETHING MEANINGFUL
We are adding a Fund Accountant to support the accounting, compliance and financial reporting needs of our Investment Funds and Private Managed Accounts (PMA), directly supporting our new Investment & Wealth Solutions organization. This position reports to the CFO and has the opportunity to grow with the company, as we rapidly expand our products and services which require increasing technical accounting knowledge. This new role will be a pivotal contributor to the growth of CrowdStreet with the direct opportunity to shape policies and procedures related to compliance.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
In this new role, you'll be utilizing your technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
- Perform the month-end close process for multiple real estate investment funds. Maintain general ledgers, account reconciliations, cashbook entries, and income/expense accruals.
- Support quarterly reporting statements for the funds by producing quarterly and annual financial statements and capital account schedules, and other ad hoc data and reporting requests
- Reconcile and manage the calculation of quarterly distributions to investors, management fees, advisory fees and other revenue sources
- Manage fund escrows, including reconciliation and flow of fund statements
- Manage and reconcile fund cash management, including fund reserves, capital calls and distributions
- Support audit preparation and fair market value analysis on behalf of the funds
- Manage tax and fund document modifications, such as transfer agreements and W-9 changes.
- Review and approve fund investment wire transfers
- Work with counsel to ensure that Blue Sky Filings are completed on behalf of the funds in a timely manner
- Filing and track fund EIN numbers
- Monitor client portfolio K-1 filings, and support fund tax preparation
- Manage data and documentation to satisfy surprise audits related to the Advisors Act custody rule
- Participate in new fund structuring, including all accounting, reporting and fund administration matters
- Partner closely with other teams to enhance and automate key operational processes and support oversight of external partners such as fund administrators
- Responsibility for compliance, working with our legal team to resolve issues, coordinate regulatory and internal reporting
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Extensive experience in investment fund accounting and operations experience with private and 1940 Act registered funds (real estate, private equity, venture capital)
- Experience in public accounting with an investment fund
- Experience working with compliance and outside organizations
- Passion for the application of technology to streamline processes
- Experience growing and building a team
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting
The competencies you’ll need:
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated technical and operational accounting knowledge of investment fund accounting
- Desire and ability to take ownership of all accounting for multiple investment funds that are growing rapidly
- Nimble and able to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Motivated and able to work independently
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including:
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet.
- How your experience will support the achievement of success in the role. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the bullets for success and experience. Briefly summarizing your relevant experience after each.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.