You’re smart… and your apartment should be too! IOTAS is changing the ways we access, live and enjoy the rental experience.
Our goal is to empower tenants with fun, frictionless and free access to the amenities they need to make their apartment feel like “home.”
IOTAS’ Smart Building SaaS platform and proprietary mesh network solution powers desktop, mobile and third party Smart Home devices to multi-family properties across the U.S and Canada. Property managers love us because we help them optimize their most important Asset — their property; While keeping their most important customers happy — their tenants!
- You have a strong affinity for IoT tech both as technical product and as a user
- You enjoy working smarter, not harder
- You’re a team player who is goal oriented and has a passion for winning
- You derive joy from organizing and resolving project issues
- You can leave your ego at the door
- The what you do is as important as how much you make
- You are an active listener
What’s the role?
As a Product Manager, you will be passionate about your contributions toward building our IOTAS SaaS product and strategic Partner Integrations for future growth, while supporting our existing install base. You will work across teams to guide our product releases from conception to launch.
To accomplish this, you work closely with the Head of Product and VP of Engineering to assure business and functional requirements are within budget and timeline limitations. You will be a resource and assist with the internal rollouts of new products and features with our Sales and Operations team. You must embrace data-driven analysis – including project estimating, budgeting and assisting in scope resolution to meet business goals.
You will have the natural ability to know when to escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders to assure remedies and/or mindful resolutions can be made without unnecessary anxiety or costly remedies.
Your Primary Responsibilities as IOTAS Project Manager
- Lead the management and coordination of activities for assigned products
- Lead developer stand-ups and coordinate project kick-off or task resolution meetings
- Own Jira workflows, tick creation and regular budget-to-actual and roadmap reporting to Head of Product
- Work closely with Head of Product on Short and long-term Roadmap creation and management
- Gather requirements for projects by conducting interviews, analyzing workflow and working closely with the Head of Product for scoping and business requirements.
- Produce clear and concise workflow documents to drive balanced solutions that consider people, process and technology components
- Evaluate information from multiple sources and help distinguish user requests from user needs
- Interface with all levels of internal clients and analyze current business and software development processes
- Facilitate and clarify customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Write concise and effective user stories
- Define precise and accurate user story acceptance criteria that will be used by developers, automation-test frameworks and product owners to ensure that product-owner intent is effectively captured
- Facilitate agile, rapid and meaningful releases
- Work with 3rd party technology partners to facilitate project integrations and joint solution development. This includes coordinating developer calls, asset and documentation exchanges.
- Familiarity with APIs and SDKs
- Experience working with mobile app development for both iOS and Android is a plus
- A high level understanding of development environments (staging vs production)
- Several years as a technology product manager with agile like environment, with responsibility across a portfolio of products or platforms
- Commercial grade consumer web and/or mobile experience
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies and user experience design patterns, and the innate curiosity and desire to learn more.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Ability to define and analyze markets, Evaluates technologies, develops, monitors, and modifies production processes for products
- Able to measure the impact of solutions on business and lead the resolution of complex problem
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- IOTAS is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Full-time Position
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid time off