Sewing Technician, Sustainable Fashion at The Renewal Workshop
Cascade Locks, OR, US
The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Sewing Technician Role
Sew Techs are the rockstars of our company! We depend on them for sewing, assembly and repair on industrial sewing machines and other specialized machinery, and they work closely with our supervisors to reach daily and weekly production goals.
Level: Minimum of 6 months industrial sewing machine experience required or equivalent training.
Salary: $16 to $20 per hour commensurate upon level of experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time/Part Time
Full Time Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays
Typical duties include:
- Operate single, double, multi-needle or other sewing machines to repair finished apparel and/or other products
- Perform sewing duties (i.e. reinforce seams, attach buttons, hooks, repair zippers, etc.)
- Assist in different aspects of the department to assure work flow (i.e. labeling, quality control/assurance, steam/press of products going through the Repair department).
- Assist and ensure that daily production quotas are met
- Identify/maintain product integrity and quality of work at all times
- Maintain strict and precise attention to detail of repairs, adhering to company repair/quality manual
- May perform minor maintenance of machinery as necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to notice errors and/or defects
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include color vision (test will be performed)
- Sewing test will be given during interview
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person)
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 45lbs in weight
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.