About the Job
The Software Engineer is a creative self-starter and has the capability to drive the development of new products and initiatives. Collaborating closely with Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams, the ideal candidate enjoys working with others to determine what to build and how to build it. Working at the intersection of Product and Engineering, this is a vital role in helping to scope projects and plan for the future.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. Opal works together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Drive the creation, shipping, and maintenance of capabilities across the Opal Platform.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions, and resulting implementation.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering team, in addition to Product and Design teams.
- Develop the APIs, web applications and microservices that power the Opal Platform.
- Write and ship JSON:API API endpoints with 100% test coverage and with shared OpenAPI contracts.
- Leverage technologies like Docker, Redis, Postgres and ElasticSearch to build scalable and maintainable applications.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
Benefits of Being an Opal Employee Include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.