If you are passionate about creating scalable, highly reliable software systems and work well in a fast paced atmosphere, this might be a great role for you! Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out our videos or visit our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bigleaf, you will develop network software for Bigleaf SD-WAN products and services, as well as own mission-critical infrastructure for supporting those products. Your code will run on thousands of routers across our fleet. You’ll dig deep into network performance, from onsite routers to Internet WAN circuits to infrastructure servers. Your contributions will ensure stable and secure Internet connectivity for Bigleaf customers.
- Design, implement and deploy new software features for Bigleaf customers. Work with our Product Management team to refine the requirements and customer use-cases for those features, as necessary. Lead these new projects, initiatives or features where necessary.
- Benchmark and tune our network, software and hardware performance. Help define the future of Bigleaf platforms to deliver critical performance and reliability to our customers.
- Identify and implement improvements to our internal processes and engineering workflows. Champion and model good engineering process and discipline.
- Maintain the Linux system software underneath Bigleaf devices.
- Work across teams (Engineering, Support, Network Operations) to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Mentor and advise junior engineers. Make your teammates better through code reviews, documentation and constructive feedback. Participate in our oncall rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional software-development experience.
- Significant experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, IPv6, BGP, etc) + networking technologies (VPN’s, traffic engineering, etc).
- Significant experience in system-level development in Linux (kernel development, package and distro management, routing tables, hardware management, etc).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment.
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.