If you have the rare mix in your blood of BGP, OSPF, software-driven automation, and caring for customers, then Bigleaf might be a great fit for you. We're building and operating the core network that hosts our SD-WAN service, and we need a skilled Sr. Network Engineer to join the team.
Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out our videos or visit our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/ Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Network Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to manage and operate Bigleaf's global network. This includes the full lifecycle of the global Bigleaf network with a focus on performance, reliability, and scaling. You will also be responsible for identifying and resolving any network problem that could lead to customer impact as quickly as possible. You'll be a solid network SME with strong troubleshooting skills and participating in engineering on-call rotations.
- Manage and operate our global IP network to deliver outstanding reliability and performance for our customers.
- Responsible for and providing technical direction for the Network team and 2nd/3rd line support for all network-related issues.
- Analyze, coordinate, and resolve all operational team tasks in a timely manner including resolution of customer issues, incident management, repair and maintenance, and preventive maintenance.
- Participate, implement, and improve processes around incident and change management.
- Collaborate and work very closely with Technical Support, Site Reliability Engineering, and Software Engineering teams to meet customer needs and drive healthy growth across all areas of the business.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience, preferably with an Internet Service Provider or Telecoms company.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals, including BGP and OSPF.
- Experience with designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale, public-facing, distributed systems.
- Proficiency with Linux and familiarity with tools such as Git, Ansible, Puppet, and Grafana.
- Familiar with deploying and operating global network Points of Presences (PoPs).
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.