As an Implementation Manager at Opal, you’ll join a smart, gritty, and passionate team of value-and customer-focused players.
This role owns the implementation of enterprise customers, setting the customer up for success from the onset. While you’ll be partnering closely with the Customer Success Manager, you’ll be taking the lead during the implementation process. From kick off to discovery to configuration and training, you’ll be there as the continuous contact, driving a consistent process and ensuring adoption and a smooth hand-off.
As you’ll be under the umbrella of the Education and Services team, you’ll also be responsible for leading and creating internal and external trainings related to creating knowledgeable and inspired users of the Opal platform. Additionally, you will be responsible for special projects that impact user adoption.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Establish customer rapport to develop consultative and productive customer relationships during the onboarding process.
- Oversee the Opal implementation process for new enterprise customers, driving for 100% adoption.
- Guide customers through the Opal implementation model to ensure maximum usage, adoption and value.
- Deliver engaging and interactive Instructor Led Training (ILT) experiences to our customers.
- Lead special education projects related to user adoption.
- Be an Opal product expert and demonstrate a deep understanding of the platform and solutions.
- Be the voice of the customer internally during the crucial onboarding time and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Customer Success, Education, Support, Sales, Product, and Marketing) on key milestones along the customer journey.
- Understand and improve internal processes for troubleshooting customer issues.
- Work proactively to eliminate risk of customer churn, escalating issues as needed.
- 20% domestic (and some international) travel domestically for customer meetings.
As a performance driven organization, we look to root all things in data. It helps us understand where we are succeeding, and where we need to improve. Some of the metrics we’ll focus on:
- Time to value
- Usage and adoption of Opal within your onboarded customers
- Customer satisfaction score
Skills, Experience, Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in leading enterprise implementation, customer success, project management or similar role, preferably in the Marketing, Technology, or SaaS industries.
- Experience in delivering and implementing SaaS solutions for enterprise customers.
- Know how to successfully manage a project from inception to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting in-person and remotely to a diverse range of stakeholders, including C-Suite.
- Proven ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional project management skills including time management, task organization, and prioritization.
- Demonstrated success working with internal, cross-functional teams.
- A deep empathy for adult learners and the challenges of change management.
- A creative and steadfast approach to problem-solving on the fly.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Experience in working with/on marketing teams.
- Deep understanding of marketing functions.
- Experience in using the Opal platform.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.