Owl is the leading provider of precision care management solutions for behavioral health. Through its advanced cloud-based platform, the company offers a scalable and sustainable strategy to integrate measurement-based care, clinical decision support, and data insights into existing treatment workflows across all behavioral health conditions. Owl enables behavioral health and primary care providers to expand access, enable telehealth, and improve quality care delivery, while reducing risk and enabling value-based care. Leading organizations, including Main Line Health, Amita Health, Inova Health, Polara Health and Aurora Mental Health Center, use Owl to improve clinical and financial outcomes.
Our mission is to improve people’s lives, health and well-being through transformative behavioral health solutions
About this Role:
As a product manager you’ll work closely with engineering, design and key stakeholders to release innovative software solutions that drive customer value. In this position, you will represent the different users of our product and be responsible for prioritizing feature development, guiding design, creating user stories and detailed specifications, and collaborating with engineering to achieve on time product delivery. Experience in healthcare SaaS is preferred.
The ideal candidate for this role has a solid understanding of Agile methodologies and can work independently with limited day to day supervision. You are comfortable developing MVP solutions that can be iterated over time. You use data to drive decision-making and incorporate data collection into your designs to inform product direction and enhance analytics. You have strong project management experience and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You enjoy building processes as part of your day-to-day responsibilities to ensure product quality and scale the team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Translate the product vision into specifications (user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria) to facilitate iterative design methodology
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to deliver a well architected solution that exceeds customer expectations, is technically feasible and can be delivered within a reasonable timeframe
- Leverage your expertise in both qualitative and quantitative user research to develop the UX journey, including workflow creation and wireframing
- Group features into value-driven releases and participate in cross-team release planning
- Draft release notes, KB articles, feature assets that convey value of new features and bug fixes to non-technical audiences
- Train key stakeholders to convey value of new features
- Prioritize and manage product backlogs for effective sprint and release planning
- Measure usage and adoption across the product(s) you’re responsible for
- Lead multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously
- Be the voice of the customer as you guide features from discovery through development and delivery to users
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape to deepen customer understanding and inform product priorities
Your Background & Experience:
- User-centric approach that is based on empathy and a passion for delivering high quality and high value customer experience
- 3+ years of experience as product manager building impactful SaaS product/service, preferably within digital healthcare working with both UX designers and engineers
- Experience developing business cases for new product capabilities
- Experience using iterative or Agile methodologies to deliver product
- Background working collaboratively with and leading cross-functional teams (Sales, User Experience, Engineering, Marketing, and Support)
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Experience leveraging clinical data to improve clinical quality or population health is a big plus
- Solid product management experience with a strong project management background
- demonstrated knowledge of industry-recognized methodologies and software (Jira, Asana)
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities; ability to balance customer needs with technical and business priorities
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Meaningful work that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Be part of a small, focused team that enjoys working together to develop and deliver creative and technical solutions while bringing value to our customers
- Salary, equity and benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 100% work remotely, but no regular travel required (West Coast based preferred, but not required)
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is a full-time, remote position.
Owl is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.