Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are a team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are currently looking for a Mechanical Inspector to support the Quality department.
The Inspector will perform a variety of routine limited short sheet inspections in the incomingproduction process using learned methods, including visual, dimensional, mechanical, test and functional. Includes production support; data collection; and workplace organization and safety. Position will perform infrequent non-routine inspection interfacing with Quality Engineering and Design Engineering to understand inspection method and implication on overall design.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficient/effective performance of routine mechanical inspection to inspection records and mechanical drawings using pre-trained/determined methods for product acceptability.
- Review inspection data to assure integrity and investigate/resolve discrepancies found during part inspection.
- Using the company operating system to reach necessary inspection sheets, complete inspection forms/documents, perform movement of material, any other functions required to perform job duties.
- Perform specialized inspections interfacing with Engineering while talking through drawing interpretation and GD&T.
- Communicate effectively to supervision regarding problems and corrective action.
- Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity.
- Working understanding of ASME Y14.5.
- Familiarity with ANSI/ASQ Z1.4.
- Other duties as required.
- Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- In depth understanding of a variety of metrology tools and their proper usage.
- Understanding of mechanical drawings (GD&T as well as weld callouts) and tolerances REQUIRED.
- Advanced knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function.
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills.
- Work is primarily standing (90 + % of the shift) with the exception of breaks, lunch periods.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for specified activities.