Lumen Learning is a young, growing company looking to add to our Adoption Team and expand our capacity to drive growth and support customers at institutions across North America. We are seeking individuals who can take ownership of a region with a balance of aggressiveness, humility, and collaboration.
We are doing something that has not been done before. We’re using technology, learning design informed by data, and openly licensed content to enable unprecedented learning results and opportunities for all students, regardless of economic background. Ever buy a college textbook? We think that hundreds of dollars is too much—and for many people the cost is an impassable barrier. We eliminate the need for expensive textbooks with a rich online learning experience that costs $25 or less.
Every day our work requires creativity, discipline, drive, teamwork, and immense flexibility. Check out our company values. If you’re a fit and if you want to work on something really important with other amazing people who exemplify those values, get in touch.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible time off, work autonomy, 401k matching, and health benefits. Lumen is proudly based in Portland, Oregon. This position is based in your home office and requires some amount of travel, maybe 10%.
The purpose of the Business Development Representative position is to consistently and effectively move leads into and through the Lumen sales pipeline. Note this is an entry-level position.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the VP of Marketing to develop and implement appropriate prospecting and lead qualifying strategies.
- Create new relationships with customers through conducting high-volume prospecting (70-75 sales activities per day) to close transactional opportunities and better qualify more strategic leads through calls, demos, emails, and social media.
- Schedule and conduct initial sales-consult calls with faculty to uncover individual needs and position Lumen as a solution.
- Provide customers with online demonstrations of Lumen products and offerings.
- Collaborate with other members of the Adoption team in an open, team environment.
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- Passion for using a CRM to plan and complete sales activities.
- Natural curiosity to understand the needs of customers and passion for finding the right solution
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better.
- Plan effectively, but accept changes with flexibility and vigor to pursue new directions and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complete sales activities per day that produce high-quality leads
- Effective written and verbal communication with faculty members
- Effectively and consistently document all activities in CRM
- Meet or exceed lead generation and sales targets