We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
We’re seeking an advanced Unity engineer to join our experienced team building the next-generation features of our VR/AR/desktop application. You’ll spend your days architecting and developing new user-facing functionality that is intuitive, performant, and a joy to use. You’ll collaborate with the product team to scope and evolve updates to our products that will improve our customers' workflows.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Working with fellow developers to build our Unity-based VR/AR experience running on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
- Working across departments to plan and design new features.
- Documenting architecture and implementations.
- Writing robust, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Researching and evaluating new platforms, frameworks, and methodologies that will help us reach our goals.
What You'll Be Using:
- Unity, C#, Git
- Mac or Windows
- VR headsets
- AR devices
- You have industry experience developing complex 3D commercial applications.
- You have deep Unity experience. You know what goes on behind the scenes, and you stay current on the latest developments with DOTS, input, the XR framework and more.
- You've developed products in multiple 3D frameworks or game engines, and you have opinions on what works and what doesn’t.
- You go beyond building features to designing the frameworks underneath. You haven’t built one UI framework, you’ve built three, and you have new ideas for a fourth.
- You care about performance. You use one draw call when other people use three.
- You are test- and data-driven and excel at understanding how things work to keep them working.
- We know you’re unique and can do things we haven't thought of. We're excited to see what you bring to the table.
Sound exciting to you? Join us as we build the future of collaboration.
More about The Wild
We’re a small but mighty remote-first company whose mission is to shorten the distance between ideas and shared experiences. We believe in the power of virtual and augmented reality to connect people across distance. Our core product, The Wild, is a virtual workspace that is being used by architecture and design companies around the globe. In early 2021, we acquired IrisVR and its core product, Prospect, and we’re about to take some huge leaps forward to empower more teams to experience their designs together in virtual reality, and redefine the future of work. You can learn more about us at thewild.com.
Compensation and benefits
- Flexible remote position (within the US)
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy — we hope you take at least 2-3 weeks off per year
- Paid family/parental leave
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
The Wild is an equal opportunity employer—we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.