We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
We’re seeking an experienced product manager who’s passionate about building experiences that people love. You’ll drive the future of our core product, and lead our multidisciplinary team to build the future of collaboration.
We’ve built a platform for teams to create and share virtual workspaces where they can collaborate together in virtual and augmented reality from anywhere in the world. We’re focused on the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) Industry because we believe that it’s the best first market for this technology, but our aspirations extend much further.
In early 2021 we acquired Prospect by IrisVR, which has solidified our position as the global leader in immersive collaboration for the AEC Industry.
- Be customer-focused — talk with the people who use our products, and lead the design and engineering teams to deeply understand our customers, their pain points and the problems they are trying to solve.
- Be highly business-minded — deeply understand the market, our competitors, and the immersive technology landscape to understand where opportunities lie.
- Collaborate with teammates and stakeholders to set the product strategy and manage the team's execution o that strategy.
- Evaluate partnership and integration opportunities.
Sprint Planning, Feature definition & Backlog management
- Build the product roadmap, maintain a backlog of projects, and manage priorities for your team.
- Be a ruthless prioritizer, making clear evidence-based choices about what we’ll build and why, balancing the needs of customers and the business.
- Write clear project requirements docs, defining goals, success criteria. Inspire and align the team by framing projects in terms of customer and business value.
- Define acceptance criteria for testing.
Release Management / Product Data Insights
- Plan and manage product releases, ensuring that we are delivering the right features at the right time, and being a gatekeeper for quality.
- Communicate product updates and releases internally to other teams.
- Measure the impact of everything we ship, and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics are not performing.
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes, including product research, roadmap development, sprint planning, requirements development, release planning, testing, and product analysis.
- Act as the voice of both the business and the customer for the product team, and the voice of the product for the rest of the company.
- Bring your experience to the table to evolve and iterate on our processes, optimizing the way the team works together.
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed below, we very much encourage you to apply.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Agile product management, and a strong track record of delivering great digital experiences.
- You are proactive, organized, and detail-oriented, and excel at taking things to the finish line.
- You’re confident in leading a team and building rapport remotely.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re passionate about building experiences and products that people love. Like is not good enough.
- You’re a facilitator — you can easily identify the right people to bring together for brainstorms, cross-functional discussions, and design reviews.
- You know how to take complex and sometimes highly technical problems and break them down into something digestible.
- You’re passionate about user experience, and know what a great product looks and fees like.
- You have a technical mind — you seek to understand the technologies that a product is built upon, and know how to weigh important infrastructure updates and tech debt payoff against valuable customer-facing features on a roadmap.
- You have experience with user research and A/B testing.
- You have experience working with emerging technologies or virtual/augmented reality.
- You have experience working at an early-stage startup.
- You have experience working in B2B SaaS.
- You have experience in the AEC industry.
Sound exciting? Join us as we build the future of collaboration.
More about The Wild
We’re a small but mighty remote-first company whose mission is to shorten the distance between ideas and shared experiences. We believe in the power of virtual and augmented reality to connect people across distance. Our core product, The Wild, is a virtual workspace that is being used by architecture and design companies around the globe. In early 2021, we acquired IrisVR and its core product, Prospect, and we’re about to take some huge leaps forward to empower more teams to experience their designs together in virtual reality, and redefine the future of work. You can learn more about us at thewild.com.
Compensation and benefits
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid family/parental leave
The Wild is an equal opportunity employer—we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.