We're making healthy happen faster! Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient, batteries-included, asynchronous virtual care. Our applications improve provider efficiency, increase care quality, and delight patients and providers with a new care experience.
Much more than “telehealth,” we build products that bridge the communication gap between patients and providers, automating the remote care delivery process for clinicians at major health systems. This unique approach enables large reductions in cost and provider time, markedly better clinical outcomes, and major improvements in both patient and provider satisfaction.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to work in the Engineering Team.
This position is full-time, located at our HQ in Portland, OR. Or Remote (the US only)
You’ll manage a diverse and high-performing team that's making a difference, and we want you to enjoy it. We'll provide a compassionate, innovative, happy, and transparent place to work and encourage you in your efforts to become even better. You'll work with technologies, including a multi-platform application architecture, asynchronous network software, clinical ontologies, and scalable microservices. We will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together.
You will be managing a team that is responsible for designing, validating, implementing, and iterating on features and industry interoperability that aim to better our overall approach to patient care.
- Manage a remote software engineering team working on health care solutions
- Work with multiple departments to ensure timely delivery of our roadmap
- Ensure a steady stream of quality releases with minimal chaos
- Provide a balance between technical excellence and product delivery goals
- Support, coach, and grow software developers
- Craft, evolve and manage lightweight processes that ensure cross-team collaboration while allowing engineers to focus on what they do best
- Collaborate on code with the development team, keeping a close relationship with the technology
- Have fun in a challenging and rewarding environment
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of 4-8 software engineers
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience with Kanban, Scrum, or other Agile methodologies
- Continuous delivery experience in a SaaS environment
- Production experience with microservices
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and effectively influence across teams and departments
- While not required, bonus points for experience interoperating with Epic, Cerner, or other EHR systems
At Bright.md, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, unlimited PTO, 401k, paid holidays, parental leave and equity compensation.
A bright idea can come from anyone. The more diversity we have in our team, the more unique perspectives and bright ideas we share. At Bright.md we are guided by the value of excellence. In healthcare, excellence means everyone deserves the best care, regardless of their race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or criminal history. We embrace employees and candidates from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality.