To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Portfolio Manager, reporting to the Director of Portfolio Investments. The Portfolio Manager will monitor and analyze a growing portfolio of real estate assets located throughout the continental United States. The Portfolio Manager will monitor portfolio asset operations, and report on both their current and the long term viability, as well as, monitor Sponsor compliance with various contractual requirements throughout the life of the offering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze properties in the CrowdStreet portfolio. Deliver critical updates and insights to the Director of Portfolio Investments.
- Review and monitor quarterly operational reports and evaluate asset performance.
- Provide advisory and support to facilitate the improvement and expansion of new business.
- Maintain a thorough and current record of property activity in the CS proprietary database.
- Approve asset performance reports for any repeat sponsor that enters deal review.
- Identify market trends by leveraging data within the portfolio and provide recommendations to the Director of Portfolio Investments, Head of Multi-Housing Investments and CIO.
- Review and analyze third party data (including Green Street, Costar and RCA) to enhance knowledge, gain insights, and draw conclusions.
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant real estate experience.
- Knowledge of institutional investment strategies and partnership structures.
- Understand regional and metropolitan economic and demographic trends and key markets.
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of real estate investment analysis
- Highly proficient with MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and resilient, able work independently and as part of a high performing team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment while managing conflicting priorities
- Curiosity with the desire to continuously learn
What is Nice to Have
- Experience with Argus, CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, or other CRE software programs
- MBA, MRED, or other advanced degrees
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.